Oasis offers students the opportunity to:
- Recover credits.
- Accelerate credits.
- Complete the requirements for a high school diploma.
- Complete the requirements for admission to a community college.
- Complete the requirements to apply for the Cabrillo College Honors Transfer program.
- Complete the admission requirements for a CSU, UC, or private university.
UC "a-g" Courses
The UC (University of California) and CSU (California State University) systems authorized the following Oasis courses to meet their content standards for minimum eligibility towards admission:
- History / Social Science (“a”) -
World History, U.S. History, Government;
- English (b) -
English I, English II, English III, English IV;
- Mathematics (“c”) -
Algebra I, Algebra II, Geometry, Math I; Math II; Math III
- Laboratory Science (“d”) -
Students will need to meet this requirement through Cabrillo College or another institution
- Language other than English (“e”) -
Students will need to meet this requirement through Cabrillo College or another institution;
- Visual & Performing Arts (“f”) -
- College Preparatory Elective (“g”) -
Read about the UC "a-g" Subject Area Requirements.
- Oasis students can fulfill graduation requirements through a combination of Oasis and Cabrillo College coursework.
Free tutoring is available to help you in any subject area. You can make an appointment or drop-in for help Monday through Friday 8:30 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
- Grades are based on a 4.0 scale with a semester grade of “A” earning 4.0; grade of “B” earning a 3.0; grade of “C” earning a 2.0; grade of “D” earning a 1.0; grade of “F” earning 0.
- Students who transfer from other high schools with credit in IB, AP and certain college courses will receive a 1 point GPA increase for grades of A, B, C or D. Grade F stands as earned.
- Students enrolled in Alternative Education who earn college credit will receive a 1 point GPA increase as described above.
- Letter grades on transcripts shall remain the same, but the numerical value for GPA will be increased by one point.
- Cabrillo College tuition is waived for up to 11 credits for concurrently enrolled students.
- Students will be expected to provide their own texts, some instructional supplies, and pay Cabrillo College fees.
- Upon completion of a college course, students will submit transcripts from the college for addition to the high school transcript.
- Guidance on on how "a-g" requirements can be met by completing college courses is available on the UC website.
- UC "a-g" Course List for Cabrillo College.